Language translations

A forum for discussing possible new features or changes to netPhotoGraphics. But NOTE, only a formal request via the GitHub repository ticket system is tracked or responded to.
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Language translations

Post by stephenbillard »

The mechanical translation tool I have been using is now throttling my use. This has lead me to consider mothballing some of the current languages provided with the release. (They would be kept in a different repository incase someone in the future would wish to revive the translation.)

I would like to know what languages the netPhotoGraphics community is using on their sites.

My second request is for native speakers of languages to volunteer to work on the translation files. (I already have a volunteer for Czech. Thank you Martin.)
-Stephen
Mates-K1

Re: Language translations

Post by Mates-K1 »

stephenbillard wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:55 pm The mechanical translation tool I have been using is not throttling my use. This has lead me to consider mothballing some of the current languages provided with the release. (They would be kept in a different repository incase someone in the future would wish to revive the translation.)
I agree 8-)
stephenbillard wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:55 pm My second request is for native speakers of languages to volunteer to work on the translation files. (I already have a volunteer for Czech. Thank you Martin.)
I almost finish my housing moving progress, so I can translate again... :P
Jens2014

Post by Jens2014 »

Hi Stephen,

it would be a pleasure to take over the responsibility for German language. ;)

Best regards,
Jens
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Post by stephenbillard »

Thank you for volunteering. The only problems I have had in the past is that pull requests do not always work (due to patch conflicts that I cannot resolve.) So best you just create a ticket with the PO file attached.
-Stephen
Jens2014

Post by Jens2014 »

Perfect, that's the way I will act.