Update button for update

A forum for discussing possible new features or changes to netPhotoGraphics. But NOTE, only a formal request via the GitHub repository ticket system is tracked or responded to.
Mates-K1

Update button for update

Post by Mates-K1 »

Now, when there is a new release of nPG, I download it from web, copy file extract.php.bin to /. folder, rename it and change or completly write path to this file in browser.

Is possible to have button in Overview->Admin that rename extract.php.bin to extract.php and run it?
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Re: Update button for update

Post by stephenbillard »

I think so. netPhotoGraphics could look to see if the extract.php.bin file is present and if so provide such a button. Probably in place of the run setup button(s).
-Stephen
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Post by stephenbillard »

I think everyone will thank you for your suggestion. This feature will be in an upcoming release. More specifically:

Two new features have been added to streamline installing upgrades on your site. When a new version is made available there will now be two buttons in the admin utility functions. One is the familiar button to download the setup zip file to your computer. The new button will copy the extract.php.bin file directly to your server's root folder. This button requires that file URLs be enabled in your server's PHP settings. If this is not the case you can still download the setup zip file, extract the extract.php.bin file and upload it to your server.

Once the extract.php.bin file exists in the website root folder the copy button replaced with a button to install the upgrade. It is no longer necessary to rename the file (even if you have to manually upload it.)
-Stephen
Mates-K1

Post by Mates-K1 »

Wow, "auto" update works great! ;) (.04 to .05)

In next update I will take closer look on update buttons (now I only clicked to the new button... in very happy mood). :lol: