Feature request - Drag & Drop uploader

A forum for discussing possible new features or changes to netPhotoGraphics. But NOTE, only a formal request via the GitHub repository ticket system is tracked or responded to.
Eddie

Feature request - Drag & Drop uploader

Post by Eddie »

I couldn't find this currently in the plugins apart from a depreciated one. NPG would benefit greatly with a drag & drop uploader. Uploading albums at a time or just single images at a time.
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Re: Feature request - Drag & Drop uploader

Post by stephenbillard »

Please enable the elFinder plugin.
-Stephen
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Thanks!
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

I was looking at the elFinder and it is indeed very handy for admins who also work with the ftp part of the website. It shows the full ftp environment to my editors and that is not ideal. That is in my website too risky as it could have an impact on several things in the site. What I was aiming for is just the simple current http image upload and added to that a simple drag and drop field. Is that something to consider?
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Post by stephenbillard »

Perhaps you should explore user rights. If your user has only UPLOAD_RIGHTS then all that elFinder presents is the albums. Anyway there are no plans for adding drag & drop image uploading. There is a ticket to fix the "upload here" front-end capability. Currently it does not work properly with elFinder. I think when that is fixed it would serve your needs.
-Stephen