netPhotoGraphics--the next generation

Notices of new versions of netPhotoGraphics will be posted here.
stephenbillard
Site Admin

netPhotoGraphics--the next generation

Post by stephenbillard »

Hope that title got your attention.

The next release of netPhotoGraphics is close to being released. The current state of the release can be previewed by installing the development release.

But before you do this...

This release does some major restructuring of the code to try to de-zenphoto it. If you have a custom theme or use plugins that did not come with the release you will eventually want to convert them. All should work with the zenphotoCompatibilityPack plugin enabled. They can be converted the legacy converter that is part of that plugin. Do not run the converter unless you have a backup copy of your code or are quite certain you will not want to revert. It is always best to try first on a tests site. But do know that the netPhotoGraphics site itself is already running this code, as is my personal website.

I am also interested in samples of custom themes or plugins that you might be using. If you provide these to me you can be sure that they will work with the final version of the release because I will test both the compatibility package and the conversion process to be sure that I have not missed anything.

You can supply these by adding a ticket to my development repository and attaching a zipped set of theme or plugin files.
-Stephen