Feature Request- Select thumbnail for empty album

A forum for discussing possible new features or changes to netPhotoGraphics. But NOTE, only a formal request via the GitHub repository ticket system is tracked or responded to.
Eddie

Feature Request- Select thumbnail for empty album

Post by Eddie »

Currently when you create a new empty album, There is a standard thumbnail when there is no image in the album, because the album is empty. As there is a very flexible album description text-field in the empty album, the empty album itself can be used as a regular page with text too. In my case I wanted to use the album description of the album as a history page, because you can already add images, text, etc to this album description field. The only downside to this is that there is no image in the album, thus it gives the standard "no images thumbnail". It would be nice if you could select or upload a thumbnail in the edit album (admin part) for this empty album. The reason for using the empty album description as a regular page is that it shows nicely next to the other thumbnails of image albums. It makes NPG even more flexible.
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request- Select thumbnail for empty album

Post by stephenbillard »

If you are willing to use the same default image for all images/albums you can place same image in your themes "images" folder. The name is "imageDefault.png" If you want a unique image for the album it would be difficult to implement.
-Stephen
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

I was looking for a unique image for the album. Thanks for the quick response.
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Post by stephenbillard »

There is no good way to do a unique image.
-Stephen