Unsubscribe link in mailing list email

A forum for discussing possible new features or changes to netPhotoGraphics. But NOTE, only a formal request via the GitHub repository ticket system is tracked or responded to.
Eddie

Re: Unsubscribe link in mailing list email

Post by Eddie »

If I look at gmail, it does first name alphabetically. I think that is the most intuitive. A user ID does say that much to me. But, that's my opinion.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

An idea to clean it up a bit. Isn't it better to create a separate table below the regular contacts for the tickboxes with groups? Then they are seperate.
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Post by stephenbillard »

There is no requirement that a user list his name, so in that case there can be no sorting by first name. The groups are separated from the users. No need for a separate input box.
-Stephen
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Seems like I was running an older DEV version without the sorting. It looks awesome now. Disregard my previous comments.
Many Thanks!
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Post by stephenbillard »

I've made a few changes in the DEV release. Put some separators into the recipient list. Some wording changes.
-Stephen
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

That looks awesome!!! So much better!
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

stephenbillard wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 pm
Eddie wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:38 pm I just wish to hide the navigation bar, that's all. I thought css was going to do the trick but noticed that the best way was via a small code of javascript in the subscription page. Can I somehow put the subscription file in my theme so its not overwritten on updates?
[quote} By far the simplest means of doing this is as I suggested--making a custom mailform with a link to your custom script. The script can be in your theme is you wish. The other alternative is to create a plugin that registers a handler for the admin_head filter. that filter can insert whatever JS you want into the page. Of course you need to test to be sure that the page being displayed is the subscription page.
If I put the extension in my theme and changed in the mailform to this link <a href="https://site.nl/themes/LH-Next 2.0/user_mailing_list/subscription%RW_SUFFIX%?unsubscribe">here</a> .It doesn't work. I get this error: Error: the requested object was not found.
Album: themes/LH-Next 2.0/user_mailing_list/subscription
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Post by stephenbillard »

The link will need to be to the script itself, rewriting is not available to the theme folders. So use
<a href="https://site.nl/themes/LH-Next 2.0/user_mailing_list/subscription.php?unsubscribe">here</a>
Note: since you are providing the link, there is no need to put the script in a folder, could be with the other theme scripts.
-Stephen
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

It somehow gives a 500 internal server error
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Post by stephenbillard »

Those are generally caused by file permissions.
Probably best for you just to put the folder and file in the plugins folder. Then it could be rewritten as well.
-Stephen