Pending folder name changes

Get help and feedback for everything development and customization related
stephenbillard
Site Admin

Pending folder name changes

Post by stephenbillard »

You may have noticed that an effort has been underway to re-brand netPhotoGraphics, removing vestiges of the legacy ZenPhoto. The next step in this re-branding is changing the folder names "zp-core" and "zp-extensions" to "npgCore" and "extensions". There is a plugin as part of the "tools" plugins that will let you experience this change prior to the official transition. Enable the folderRename plugin and you will have a button in the utilities button section that will rename the folders. Renaming the folders does require that setup be run (which it will automatically do) so you might wish to close your site when doing the rename. The plugin will allow you to switch back and forth among the "zp-core/zp-extensions" and the "npgCore/extensions" naming.

For the moment, upgrades to new netPhotoGraphics releases will preserve the site's folder names. Of course, that will change once the new names become official. I recommend you try out the new naming to be sure that there are no "hard coded" references to the old names. I have been running the netPhotoGraphics site, my personal site, and my test sites with the new names for about a month now, so I do not anticipate any issues with the distributed scripts.
-Stephen