Added a Logo to the Mobile Theme

Post links and descriptions of your netPhotoGraphics website here.
AnnieCee

Added a Logo to the Mobile Theme

Post by AnnieCee »

Because Google insists on websites being mobile-friendly, I've been primarily interested in using Bootstrap theme or Mobile. However, the way Bootstrap displays the images was disappointing. Why can't we download images or even right-click on them? My websites are for sharing images, so this defeats the purpose. I searched all over for Options but it seems the way that Bootstraps handles images is set in concrete.

Since Images are the main purpose for the site, I need more flexibility. So that left me with the Mobile theme. It's not easy to modify Mobile, but I did add a logo to it. I changed the background color. Made Gallery the home page (because I don't need to show Recent Images.) I did this the easy way by copying all the code from gallery.php and pasting it into index.php. Also removed the redundant Image Title from the functions.php file, since the second title doesn't always end up where it should, and because the image title is also in the breadcrumb line, it was enough to have that. I added a break in the breadcrumb so the Title is on a line by itself. These are all very minor adjustments, I'm not a skilled programmer.

I love the simplicity of the mobile theme: both its appearance and its code. I wish I could revise Mobile just a little more, such as changing the colors of the buttons or the black bar at the very top of the page, but the css file is fairly short and I can't figure out how to change anything else. At least with the placement of a logo, my websites won't look exactly the same. Here is the site I revised.

https://horsengoggle.com/